Why You Should Make Yourself a Priority
- By candidasullivan
- August 11, 2016
- No Comments
How often have you tried to drink from an empty cup? We give our time, energy, and love so freely to others, but we often withhold it from ourselves. Where are you on your list of priorities? If we are honest, we will often discover that we don’t even appear on our own list.
We make time to care for the children, time for our home, but we very seldom ever take a few moments for ourselves. Years ago, I remember being stressed out all the time. I would go to bed exhausted and wake up exhausted. Every part of my day seemed overwhelming. And so many times I prayed to just make it through the day.
My problem was that I gave all of my energy, time, and love to other people. Every day I continued to give, without ever adding anything back in. I didn’t take time for me. Honestly, I thought taking 30 minutes to exercise, when I was already exhausted, was pointless. I didn’t see how my food would make a difference in how I felt. After all, I wasn’t hungry. Nor did I feed my mind and soul with valuable information.
I got stuck in the survival mode and barely made it through each day. I woke up in just enough time to get ready. My mornings were often rushed and hated. And I wasn’t happy with myself.
It wasn’t until I decided to make a change in my life, that I found peace. Through it all, I learned to love myself.
So what did I do?
- Make the time to exercise. Just a few minutes a day helped me to clear my mind. It boosted my creativity and helped me to deal with my problems.
- Change my diet. Junk food has no nutritional value at all. It depletes our energy instead of helping our bodies to supply it. Superfoods, however, do the exact opposite. They fuel our body for peak performance.
- Read something every day to encourage my soul and feed my mind. Reading scriptures and personal development books helped me to change my mind-set.
- Dream. Have personal goals and a plan to achieve them. We all need something to dream about and work towards.
- Realize that when I take care of me, I have so much more to give others. When I do all of the above, I’m more patient with my kids, more fun to be around, and have a better outlook on life.
Decide to make the change today. Don’t put it off another day. Send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I will help you find a workout program that will fit into your life, a nutrition plan to help you feel your absolute best, and books to encourage and inspire you. This is your life, don’t settle for anything less than your dream life.
Have an amazing day!
Leave a Reply